What a wonderful Conference it was! Educators, researchers, counselors, nurses, parents and grandparents, and many others who care deeply about the well-being of our children, youth and schools gathered from around the globe for conversation, learning and inspiration.
Our presenters have generously agreed to share their presentations for those who couldn’t attend and the full Conference Video is available, too. See below!
If you couldn’t make the Conference, or want to tune in again, no problem. Here is the full Conference Video! Feel free to share with others who might be interested.
Presentations from Peace of Mind Conference 2021
Peace of Mind Founder & Peace Teacher Linda Ryden
Not Permanent, Not Personal, Not Perfect and Applying Mindfulness to Social Justice Please see Full Conference Video (coming soon!)
educator Panel: Adapting Peace of Mind to Meet Students Needs Now
Implementing Peace of Mind School-wide and Adapting Virtually for PreK-5 Ms. Caira Temple, School Counselor, and Ms. Constanza Rosas, Director of Teaching and Learning, Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Public Charter School, Washington DC
Adapting Peace of Mind for Early Childhood Virtual Learning: Animal Breaths! Ms. Marquita McBride, Early Childhood Educator, Lafayette Elementary School, Washington DC
Building Peace of Mind into School Culture and Adapting Virtually in Middle School: A Virtual lesson from the Peace of Mind Core Curriculum for MS Principal Megan Vroman, Ida B. Wells Middle School, Washington DC
Pushing in with Peace of Mind and The Brain Song! Tracie Rezzelle, Resiliency Specialist with Synergy Services, Kansas City MO
Mindfulness and Social Justice: The antiRacist Table
Introduction to ART and The Family Challenge Lynn Turner and Kirsten Ivey-Colson, co-founders The AntiRacist Table
Please see our full conference video (coming soon!) for opening and closing practices with Dave and Jelena and Student-led Mindfulness with Alexis and Maura.
Resources mentioned during our Conference
Peace of Mind Tools and Resources
The AntiRacist Table: Visit The AntiRacist Table to learn more about their free, transformative 30-Day AntiRacist Challenge and forthcoming AntiRacist Family Challenge. ART says: “AntiRacism is an intentional daily practice that requires willpower, truth, love, and patience. The AntiRacist Table 30 Day Challenge is specifically curated to educate, to help people face and get past shame, anger, and blame, and to develop empathy–all key elements of creating an AntiRacist America.” Highly Recommend!
About our Speakers and Facilitators
One of our Peace of Mind Core values is that we are by educators, for educators. We’re excited about the educators and facilitators who are volunteering their time to share their experience and wisdom with us.
It takes a village. This Conference only was possible thanks to:
- Our inspiring, experienced, dedicated panel of educators: Constanza Rosas, Director of Teaching and Learning and Caira Temple from Elsie Whitlow Stokes Charter School; Peace of Mind Early Childhood Educator Marquita McBride from Lafayette Elementary; Principal Megan Vroman from Ida B. Wells Middle School; and Tracie Rezzelle, Resiliency Specialist with Synergy Services;
- The Anti-Racist Table founders, Lynn Turner and Kirsten Ivey-Colson, who shared their wisdom and timely, transformative antiracist resources with us;
- Jelena Popovic and Dave Trachtenberg for opening and closing our conference with skillful, supportive group mindfulness practices;
- Our amazing student Mindful Mentors Alexis and Maura who led us in practices they love and created;
- Our Board members Elizabeth Hoffman, our tech guru; Chapin Springer, Subrat Biswal, Darrel Jodrey and Liz Whisnant, and volunteers Shawn Donnelly, Madeleine Sagebiel, Henry Cohen and Christi Cole.
- The Bender Foundation, The Fund for the Future of Our Children, Bates White, Covington & Burling, Johnson & Johnson, and our many beloved individual donors who make what we do possible.
THANK YOU to you all!
10:00 am Welcome
10:05 Group mindfulness practice and Community builder
10:25 Adapting Peace of Mind to meet student needs now
10:35 School Spotlights: Adapting Peace of Mind for PreK-8
- Caira Temple, School Social Worker, and Constanza Rosas, Director of Teaching and Learning at Elsie Whitlow Stokes Public Charter School
- Marquita McBride, Early Childhood Peace of Mind Educator, Lafayette Elementary School
- Megan Vroman, Principal, Ida B. Wells Middle School
- Tracie Rezzelle, Resiliency Specialist, Synergy Services
11:05 How have you been adapting? small group conversations
- What has gone well and what has been challenging
11:40 Student Mindful Mentors lead a mindfulness practice for all
11:45 Applying Mindfulness-based SEL to standing up against injustice
12:05 Peace of Mind Upcoming Events
12:10 Closing Mindfulness Practice
12:15 Conference is over – the conversation and community continue!
Stay in Touch