The revised and updated second edition of the Peace of Mind Core Curriculum for Grades 1 & 2 is here!
This curriculum, like the first edition, includes step-by-step, weekly lessons integrating mindfulness, brain science, SEL and conflict resolution practices for younger students. You will find nearly everything you need included in the curriculum guide (worksheets, read-alouds, posters).
The only other things you will need are 4 Peace of Mind storybooks, an optional Brainy Puppet (see below) and a bell or chime to use during your lessons.
The second edition incorporates invaluable feedback from author Linda Ryden’s own students and from educators across the country over the last five years. You will find:
- more trauma-informed practices throughout;
- more hands-on activities, movement and pair-sharing;
- new lessons built around the five Peace of Mind story books;
- new stories to act out written just for the Peace of Mind curriculum;
- fewer required storybooks and materials;
- more lessons on understanding and practicing gratitude, a powerful tool in managing fear and anxiety and building resilience.
Paperback, perfect bound, full color. About 200 pages.